Tuesday, May 6, 2008 | By: Rose

PARKINSON'S DRUG CAN TRIGGER

Is a loved one suddenly having problems with compulsive gambling? If the person is being treated for Parkinson's disease, the cause may lie in his medication.

Researches are looking into the connection between compulsive behavior and a specific dopamine agonist, pramipexole, which is used to treat Parkinson's.

Dopamine is a chemical naturally produced by the human body. It plays an important role in the brains control of movement. It is linked with addictive behaviors and pleasurable experiences such as drugs, sex and food. A shortage of it, however, causes with dopamine can possibly cause the patient to seek addictive behaviors such gambling, hypersexuality and overeating.

Despite the strong link between the two, there's still no firm evidence to support the theory. In the study they conducted among 529 people talking pramipexole, only 1.5% developed gambling behavior.

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.