Sunday, May 4, 2008 | By: Rose

BEWARE OF CAPILLARIASIS

In 1962, the first reported case of human intestinal capillariasis occurred in a previously healthy young man from Luzon in the Philippines, who subsequently died.

Capilliariasis is an infection by capillaria philippines, C-hepatica, C-denphila.

In severe infections generalized abdominal pain, diarrhea and pronounced borborygmi one followed by nausea and vomiting and intractable diarrhea, leading to severe malabsorption, cachexia, and death.

The life cycle of C-philippiensis is not known, but infection is probably acquired by ingesting eggs or infective larvae on small fish.

Also, the combination of muscular wasting, and lost of body fat makes intestinal penstalsis visible and outlines muscles and tendons through the skin. At autopsy the small is indurated, thickness, and distended with fluid.

At present, mehendazole is the drug of choice .

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.