Saturday, May 3, 2008 | By: Rose

Light and Colour

Light

  • During the day i see the world around us as a because the light from the Sun is shining. Sunlights brings life to our world. Plants cannot make food in the dark, as they need the energy of sunlight to make it. Without plants, nothing else could live. At night the Sun sets and its light can no longer rich us. The sky gets dark, and i cannot see the things around us. Can i imagine what life would be like if i always lived in the dark? Do i know any animals that live in the dark?
  • I can make light by burning things. Candles, coal fires and gas flames give out light when they burn. Years ago, people went to bed once it was dark because candles were expensive. Nowadays, i don't have to stay in the dark at nights because i have electric lights which are cheap. Light bulbs have wires in them that glow white-hot when electricity goes through them.
  • Light usually goes straight from one thing to another. But i can make it turns corners by using a mirror. A mirror is usually a piece of glass with a silvery coating on one side to send back, or reflect, the light. I can't reflect light well without the silvery coating because most light goes straight through ordinary glass, which is transparent. Water is also transparent, and let's light through. Algough water and glass do not reflect light well, they can make it bend.


0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.