Sunday, January 17, 2010 | By: Rose

Nervous System

The nervous system controls and coordinates essential body functions. It sends special signals to and receives response's from every organ and tissues of the body.

3 major Function

- It receives information about the other parts of the body.
- It interprets the information it receives.
- It makes the body respond to the received information.

2 Subdivisions

* Central Nervous System (CNS)
- consists of brain; spinal cord.
* PERIPHERAL Nervous System (PNS)
- part of the nervous outside the CNS, consist of the spinal nerves and the cranial nerves.

NEURON: (Nerves)

A neuron is the basic unit of the nervous system. It is specialized for the transmission of messages from an organ or tissue to another. Each neuron is made up of a cell body, w/c contain the nucleus and cytoplasm; the threadlike extensions called the nerve fibers.

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.