Saturday, January 23, 2010 | By: Rose

Endocrine System

- regulates the activities of the body through hormones.
  • Hormones that act upon target cells are produced in the endocrine glands.
  • The negative feedback mechanism is a process by which the endocrine system controls itself.
  • Eyes are the sense organs of sight. Impulses travel along the optic nerve to the brain to process the object seen.
  • The ear is the organ used for hearing and balance. Impulse's travel along auditory nerve to the brain that interprets them as a sound.
  • The nose is the sense organ of smell. Impulse's travel along the factory to the brain to identify the scent.
  • The tongue is the sense organ of taste. The chemical receptors for taste are the taste buds. The four kinds of taste sensations are sweet, sour, bitter and salty.
  • The skin is considered the organ of touch. The five distinct sense's of skin with their own type of receptors.

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.