Wednesday, December 23, 2009 | By: Rose

Protective Systems of the Body

The human body is protected by several organ systems. One of them is the integumentary system.

Integumentary System
The integumentary system forms the body's outer protection. It includes the skin, hair and nails.

Skin

The skin performs many function for the body. It prevents the entry of harmful organisms and cushions the body from physical injury. It keeps water and salts from seeping out of the body. The skin is also a sense organ, hence, it has receptors for heat, cold, touch, pressure, and pain. It helps control body temperature and get rids of certain wastes through sweat.

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.