Saturday, June 12, 2010 | By: Rose

Natural Materials

We now make most of the materials use for building. But one natural material, wood, is still very important to us. Wood is strong. The strongest parts of plants are the stems, trunks and branches, and these are made of wood. Wood can make building strong, too.

In some ways, buildings are like trees. A tall tree has to be able to bend in the wind, or in the end it would break. A skyscraper also has to be able to move a little, although you do not notice it.

Trees have roots under them to hold them up and stop them falling over or sinking into the ground. Buildings have layers of concrete, or foundations, underneath them to do the same thing.

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.