Wednesday, November 25, 2009 | By: Rose

Key Ideas

Similarities
They all use glucose as starting material with aTP as-end product.


Differences
Oxygen is starting material in respiration but not in alcoholic and actic lacid fermentation.

Respiration produces more ATP compared to alcoholic and lactic fermentation.

Respiration produces carbon dioxide and water while alcoholic fermentation produces ethyl alcohol and carbon dioxide. Lactic acid is produced by Lactic Acid fermentation.

Respiration is the most efficient because it produced ATP molecules. Respiration produces 36 ATP per glucose molecule compared to 2 ATP in alcoholic and Lactic acid fermentation.

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.