Saturday, February 6, 2010 | By: Rose

Harvesting

Most farm products are perishable. A single day's delay in marketing harvested products may result to serious deterioration especially during hot weather. Delay in harvesting also reduces the yield caused by many factors.

Crop products are harvested in different stages depending on the purpose. Leafy and fruit and vegetables are harvested while they are fresh, tender and green. Some vegetable crop possess better quality when they are harvested while dry. Rice and corn for human and animals consumption are best harvested when the grains are at their hard dough stages. Corn for boiling is harvested at the early stage of the fruit. On the other hand, root crops are harvested before they fully mature and become fibrous. Others are harvested when the leaves are dry.

0 comments:

Welcome to my site

To all my visitors, readers, and to those who want to exchange links just leave me a message on my chat box so that I can responds all of you to visit back your respective websites and to add your links....thanks for dropping by...Follow me and I will follow you...

Find Jobs Here Today!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.